Fixed Point Photography
To maintain a visual record of the different habitat types within the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
- To have a series of standardized photographs, which can be compared on a season to season and year to year basis.
- Corresponding data on the fauna and flora of each site that can be used to gain a better understanding of the visual changes at each location.
- Nineteen locations across four main habitat types of the DDCR were selected for a fixed-point photography project.
- A 360° view of each point will be photographed in the winter and summer of each year.
- At the same time, each point will have a rapid survey conducted on the area photographed, which will collect data on the diversity and abundance of fauna and flora.
- DDCR, that can be explained by environmental factors (rainfall, temperature etc.) or management decisions (stocking rate, land use etc.). This could then be used as a tool for future decision making.